说服 talk into
说服学生 Convince these students
说服对方 persuade someone
说服顾客 Customer persuasion
自我说服 Self-Persuasion ; try to convince oneself
说服艺术 art of persuasion
被说服 Be convinced to; be persuaded to
the method of persuasion and education;
I persuaded him to stop smoking.
My wife talked me into buying her a new car.
Talk to him patiently to bring him round.
1. Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him.
2. Eisenhower used his muscle to persuade Congress to change the law.
3. Gerome tried to talk her into taking an apartment in Paris.
4. Do you think she could be prevailed upon to do those things?
5. The Secretary of State has given in to special pleading.
6. Will this be enough to persuade Congress to cough up?
7. Richard's mother badgered him into taking a Spanish wife.
8. Eventually Sam persuaded her to accept an offer of marriage.
9. The group wasn'table to interest them in reproducing literature specifically for women.
10. We must, each of us, prevail upon our congressman to act.
11. She had reconciled herself to never seeing him again.
12. This woman really wound me up. She kept talking over me.
13. Swanson persuaded Hubley to work undercover to capture the killer.
14. He wanted to satisfy himself that he had given his best performance.
15. We had the devil's own job to persuade him to take part.
They believed the child by his persuasive reasons.
The salesman tried to persuade her to buy his goods.
He persuaded her to sign the document by guile.
The children are trying to persuade their mother to allow them to go to the circus.
This trader persuaded me into buying his goods.
He persuaded them to join him by the sheer magnetism of his personality.
In either case it is persuasive because there is somebody whom it persuades.
This convincer convinces you that a large investment would work equally well.