英 [rəʊl] 美 [roʊl]
名词 作用; 角色; 地位
1. He denied any role in the robbery.
2. He played the role of the old king in our school play.
3. She played the leading role in the school play.
1. With English as the language of business in Singapore and the world, it has a predominant role at NUS.
2. The travel manager's role is to put forward recommendations they feel best suits their organization's culture and business needs.
3. And it should continue taking steps to encourage individual entrepreneurs in their business operations, as it is often such people who play an important role in creating jobs.
4. Province leaders said they hoped it would help it to maintain its leading role in business relations between China and Russia.
5. The China Business News report said a difference in patterns of cooperation also plays a role.
6. The joint venture's role has been far beyond its own business scope.
7. " I think China's business sector will play a key role in combating climate change, " Blair said.
8. While government plays the key role in establishing the framework, the business sector is the leading force in determining environmental outcomes.
9. L Consolidate and strengthen the fundamental role of agriculture in the national economy, and increase farmers'income by all possible means.role的词典解释
If you have a role in a situation or in society, you have a particular position and function in it.
e.g. ...the drug's role in preventing more serious effects of infection...
e.g. Both sides have roles to play.
A role is one of the characters that an actor or singer can play in a film, play, or opera.
e.g. She has just landed the lead role in The Young Vic's latest production...
e.g. Shakespearean women's roles were originally written to be played by men.